Today, the Hearings for Amy Barrett are all about health care. Why? The liberals are tearfully projecting stories of children with significant diseases whose survival can only be assured if Obamacare is not overturned by the Supreme Court. Essentially, they seem to be trying to convince Mrs. Barrett that she will rot in Hell for murdering children if she should dare to put a pinky finger on the existing health program.
Few even remember what life was like before Obamacare.
In 1960, 70% of the US population had ‘some sort’ of health insurance. Annual expenditures for health care capped at $9 billion. Today, roughly 26 million people are uninsured – which coincidentally coincides with the estimated number of illegals in the US. The annual expenditure for health care is now over $1.3 trillion! Expenditures have increased 45% since the implementation of Obamacare – and 14,655% since 1960.
That’s not health care – that’s BIG BUSINESS!
In 1960 the biggest killers were: heart disease, cancer, and stroke. In 2019 the biggest killers were: heart disease, cancer and stroke. The average life expectancy in 1960 was 80. The average life expectancy in 2019 – 80. What has changed?
Labor estimates show 16 million Americans are employed in the health industry. By 2026, that number is expected to increase to 20 million. In 1960, not-for-profit hospitals contracted volunteers to assist in the menial tasks… my mother was one of them. Volunteers represented 60% of the total staff. The petition to persuade employers to cover the cost of health insurance began in 1960.
The medical industry is the number 2 employer in the US. The number 1 employer is the government: Federal government workers represent about 12% and state and local 7% for a total of 19% of the total labor force. Another Big Business. Our tax dollars PAY for 19% of the employees whose wages and benefits are significantly higher than the average wage earner. The average compensation for all workers is roughly $50,000 and for federal workers it is $70,000.
Why is Obamacare really so important to the liberal agenda?
Before Obamacare – subsidies were relegated to Medicaid only. Before Obamacare – only those who wanted insurance had insurance. Personally I didn’t have insurance until I reached 40. I paid for my babies cash out of pocket totaling about $3000 each. Today that wouldn’t be possible. The uninsured cost to have a baby is between $30,000 and $50,000.
In other words – you have to have insurance!
Five states are already working to provide a state-run public option to Obamacare; Washington, Nevada, Minnesota, New Mexico and Illinois. This ‘public-run’ would still qualify for the subsidies in place under Obamacare, but the states, not the private insurers would reap the rewards. State run hospitals already exist, but they typically handle Medicare and Medicaid customers.
Elmhurst Hospital: Elmhurst is run by the public corporation, Health + Hospitals as a nonprofit. In addition to the 11 acute care hospitals, they operate 5 nursing homes and 6 treatment centers serving primarily the poor. Revenues top $11 billion with net profit of $31.8 million in 2019 and projected deficiencies for 2022 thru 2024 of $128 to $301 million each year. Salaries, benefits and pensions account for more than 80% of revenues. Without Obamacare and Medicaid subsidies, the system deficits are likely to be quite larger.
Elmhurst, was the beneficiary of thousands of the CoVid death tally. While the Health + Hospitals Corporation holds five nursing homes, Gouverneur is likely the one fulfilling the Cuomo mandate of hospital transfers. Recent reviews from 2019 indicate under staffing, lack of care, patients untended, improperly drugging patients, lack of communication, etc… Their website posts an award from Newsweek – “Best Nursing Home 2021”… Guess someone didn’t proofread. Of course a few of their other nursing homes were also the recipient of this exact same award… Imagine that!
Featured Image: Latest news release August 2020 attests to an arts and medicine project to paint murals. Notice the masks and social distancing…
Could it be that the public hospitals were being fed from the same corporation’s public nursing homes? Likely yes.
New York represented nearly 16% of total deaths – most occurring in state hospitals that catered to Medicaid patients and were thus able to siphon the additional CoVid funds for care. Hospital patients service demographics: 59% Hispanic, 19% Asian, 11% white and 8% black.
Ultimately, this is the same system that they want to force feed every state in an attempt to follow the UN mandate of Universal Healthcare. To date Governor Cuomo is refusing to comply with DOJ requests for documents related to CoVid deaths at hospitals and nursing homes.