Between 2017 and 2021, Twitter doubled their workforce to roughly 7500. Scattered across the globe, Twitter employees that are not in the US are not given any employment advantages as are US employees. It is likely that’s the vast majority of layoffs are occurring in these locations. However, there are various caveats in the bizarre Work Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act implemented in 1988: The 60 days notice applies only to private companies – The Government is immune to the requirements.
The Act States:
“…notice is required when a business with 100 or more full-time workers (not counting workers who have less than 6 months on the job and workers who work fewer than 20 hours per week) is laying off at least 50 people at a single site of employment (see glossary and FAQs), or employs 100 or more workers who work at least a combined 4,000 hours per week.”
Those who are not eligible for the WARN include contract labor, those that can expect to return within 6 months, and those terminated with cause. The Trigger is based on an employer closing a location that affects at least 50 workers. In these parameters, Musk has various options to evade or allude the WARN VIOLATION:
- IF in fact the federal government, as stipulated, was involved in the organization, and given the Federal Government is not required to adhere to WARN rules, then Musk could assert this as a defense immunity.
- IF Musk shaves off employees who incited advertiser Loss, they would be dismissed ‘with cause’.
- IF a location affects less than 50 employees, and there are six US locations, then Musk is not obliged to adhere to WARN.
- IF he fires contractors or Part-Time employees working 20 hours or less – Musk wins again.
- And obviously, all foreign workers have no cause of action. Musk has stated that the Asian site will close completely affecting the layoff of some 700. They have no recourse.
- While the ‘means’ of notice are ambiguous, the fact that Musk made reference to layoffs in his initial September bid – could be legal as ‘the start date – and the 60 days have passed.
- Musk’s Contract to buy Twitter details his intention of firing 75% of the company – which could be construed as “NOTICE”.
Whittling legally within a government doctrine that doesn’t apply to Government once again riles the Justice of the Law. It also opens discussion as to why Government employees would NOT have the same rights…
Some US employees have already been told they are locked out of Twitter computers – however they will continue to be paid thru February 3rd – the 60 day window. Thus making the class-acTion lawsuit relatively benign – and more of a Democrat Stunt.
While all this information is easily garnered online, the quality pundits at Yahoo, Reuters, Bloomberg, Fox, et al, don’t seem to have the mental acumen to actually research the LAW> And report thereof.
The “For Cause” aspect of any firing is a paramount subjective.
Musk has already declared that US employees that fall within he WARN Act will be given 2 months severance – thus complying with the regulations. They will continue to be graded as employees, but will have no duties and will NOT be allowed access. Therefore the lawsuit is likely to be tossed.
Yet, the demonizing continues to rape thru the media in a last ditch effort to attempt to malign and divide a people when that should be more of what is censored and classified as criminal. Instead, the DC Gulag looks to literally break people – physically and mentally. Utilizing torture techniques reminiscent of Mao, Stalin, and Monarchs of history – against American citizens.
Somehow we are supposed to within this travesty of gulag justice muster any compassion for a man who was likely engaging in frenetic sexual deviance which got out of hand. A distraction.
The Midterms are now just 4 days away – Most people have already made their determinations. Should the Red Wave be allowed without the deviant corruption, changes will be enormous – from defunding Ukraine to returning the US to an energy independent country. It would entail impeaching elected and/or firing unelected officials who have served no purpose whatsoever – and those whose wisdom is corrupted.
It does bear worth mentioning that the World Economic Forum is BUILT on the caveat that government is obsolete and stakeholders should control the Globe. Revealing the inadequacy and corruption of government would accomplish this task …
When Musk fires 50% to 75% of internal employees as inadequate and/or useless, it opens the Pandora Box of Government… Essential vs Unessential. And ultimately all political parties would concur that the percentage of ‘unessential government employees’ has already been determined by historical shutdowns – leaving a workerbee force of -75%. Which aligns with the WEF – AGENDA !!!
AND LEST WE FORGET: TWITTER PARTNERS ARE CLINTON FOUNDATION SUPPORTERS