News Flash – dot dot do dot……
– Mayor De Blasio of New York is conducting a national media campaign to draw business into New York. The incentive – a tax vacation for ten years! WAIT! De Blasio is the democrat advocating for higher taxes on corporations and high income individuals because, well they deserve to pay more. And yet, here we find the about-face mayor offering free – no tax – incentives to draw business to his state.
I smell an ozone.
And how is it that no one seems to notice this bizarre divesture from democratic rule? Tax, tax, tax! That is the mantra. Finding new ways, the agenda. I imagine they have an office filled with purple people whose job description is, ‘find new ways to tax people so that I, the gov, can make more’. Ba-da-dim!
So what does De Blasio think is fair and equal in his city where the annual budget of $75 – $80 billion, can never seem to make ends meet De Blasio? Not sure, because last year his personal effective rate was just over 8%…
– So, Wikipedia lists the official language of the United States at the federal level – as ‘none’. Ouch!
– The US military is lamenting the fact that they can’t find more than 200 rebels to train to fight ISIS… yet for the last two to three years we’ve been arming all sorts of rebels! So where are they now? McCain? Hello?
But even the 200 figure isn’t really accurate. Apparently, there are some reports that the number is ‘somewhere between 100 and 200’, which in truth could be – 101. So we just sent 450 MORE trainers for 100 trainees. We have already deployed 1000 trainers/support, the UK has deployed 75.
So we now have a $500 million program for about 100 trainees because according to reports, there aren’t any rebels left there is only Al Qaeda and ISIS. Well, that’s money well spent White House!
– The Yemen peace talks have been riddled in fighting. So what do the sides want? Well, the exiled government wants all the Yemeni rebels to give up their strongholds. That’s it folks. Surrender everything you have fought for and then we can have peace – hmmm. Smells rattish to me. Normally, ‘negotiation’ means give and take. This is not happening here.
The second Yemen agenda is the fact that the Saudi’s are using ‘cluster bombs’ which are illegal and they are specifically targeting civilians which is heinous. In fact, this resembles Al Qaeda tactics. So the blackmail is simply ‘we’ll stop killing your women and children, if you let us take back our cities and put our proxy president back in office.’
And of course, after that – it is anybodies guess what will happen to all those rebels…
– The UN has announced two members of its newly formed committee to review sexual assault claims against UN peacekeepers. One unnamed ‘external’ member is the head of a South African human rights foundation and a prosecutor for the U.N.’s International Criminal Court Tribunal in Rwanda. Waaaiiittt. This unnamed person works for the UN, how is that external?
The other member is Marie Deschamps, a Canadian former judge who recently released a report on Canadian military sexual harassment. The report stated that indeed sexual issues were present and concluded that a committee should be formed to deal with the problem. Yawn.
But wait, the review committee is tasked with ‘looking at the UN’s response to the allegations’ as well as to ‘mandating recommendations as to how the UN should respond to similar future allegations’. Why do you need a panel to discuss this? These people committed atrocious rape against young girls and boys and you don’t know what to do? Your own UN executives then tried to hush the allegations and pretend they didn’t exist – and you don’t know what to do?
– And here’s a good headline: Cyberbullying linked to Teen Depression.
Really? “New research evaluated a number of teenagers…” Of course, the alternative would be; “Teens that are bullied exhibit happiness and a sense of peace and security”… So, Michelle Hamm at the University of Alberta – stating the obvious is a waste of taxpayer funds and a waste of intellect. Good Grief!
And That’s All FOLKS!