Liberal anger has reached a pinnacle of insanity wherein a gun is now the cause of children being shot. Ban all assault guns! They demand. But the AR15 is NOT an assault weapon. Ban the AR15 anyway! RAISE the age a person can legally buy a gun from 18 to 21! But the vast majority of ALL school shootings are perpetrated by children under 18 or adults over 21. Change the age anyway! So let’s take a look at School Shootings:
While school shootings have been recorded since the mid 1800’s, causal factors have morphed from petty arguments to severe mental health issues. Since 2000 there have been 369 school shootings. Of those, 55 have occurred during Biden’s presidency. Of the 369 shootings 14 classify as mass shooting in which 4 or more people died:
1) October 2002, Tucson Az – 40 year old failing college student killed 3 professors and himself. He was a Gulf war veteran suffering PTSD.
2) March 2005, Minnesota – 16 year old Jeff Weise killed 10 including his grandfather with whom he was living after his father’s suicide. He was taking Prozac and was severely depressed having attempted suicide.
3) October 2006, Pennsylvania – 32 year old truck driver killed 5 Amish girls and himself, wounding five additional girls. His suicide note claimed he had raped two girls when he was 12 and wanted to rape again.
4) April 2007, Virginia – Seung Hui-Cho was 23 when he killed 33 Virginia Tech students and wounded 23 more. In middle school he had been diagnosed with severe anxiety disorder, severe depression disorder and mutism. He was diagnosed Autistic and Aspergers.
5) February 2008, Illinois – Steven Kazmierczak, age 27 was treated for mental illness and sent to a psychiatric center while in high school. He regularly took Prozac, Xanax and Ambien. He killed 6 and injured 21.
6) April 2012, California – 43 year old One Goh killed 7 and wounded 3 at a Christian College. He was expelled from University for disciplinary issues and later diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia.
Sandy Hook, Adam Lanza – brain development disorder, Schizophrenia, Asperger… taking Celexa. It is speculated that the Texas shooter, Ramos, was taking transition drugs.
Studying the factors of each mass shooting is essential to find the common denominators. Then, a solution can be implemented. In this, it becomes evident that the common attributes have nothing to do with age or guns, and everything to do with mental disorders and prescription drugs! Anti-depressants are associated with suicidal thoughts, hallucinations, insomnia, confusion, irritation, as well as a myriad of health problems.
If the liberals took a few minutes to actually research the issue, their rage and indignation might be redirected… assuming they wanted to know the Truth. However, despite the prevalence of mental health issues, the US is slow to respond and more inclined to have individuals self diagnose and self medicate. Insurance covers a handful of diagnoses ‘only after a two year waiting period’.
The CDC estimates that 75% of people with mental health issues do NOT seek treatment. The vast majority of patients are given a prescription drug without treatment. The side effects are so debilitating that being able to work can become unmanageable. And the cycle of depression is actually enhanced. 33% of those taking medication report that it does nothing to improve their issues.
There are numerous alternative remedies that don’t have the side effects. Even Harvard has come full circle to recommend these safe and effective treatments. But without a more hands-on approach, most people who suffer have been given absolutely no information to this regard. As such they are left to search for themselves.
Alternative treatments used to be squelched because of the belief that the FDA is scrupulous in its trials and studies of pharma whereas herbs and remedies are not evaluated. Given the vaccine fiasco that derailment is obviously without merit. The FDA is lax and negligent.
In that light, schools, doctors, doctor offices, and companies could simply provide a free pamphlet that discusses various types of mental health issues and various over-the-counter herbs and roots that could benefit the person. Certainly, this won’t eliminate the problem, but it would be far more productive than eliminating or sanctioning guns, knives, cars, hammers, axes, and other weapons.
Because as we are well aware – sanctions against people, countries, objects, and weapons has absolutely ZERO actionable consequences.
The two most relevant evidentiary factors of this today include: Mass School Shootings, and Russia!