Mayor De Blasio seems to be confident that he doesn’t need Trump, won’t abide by the rules, and will circumvent the law in order to maintain a healthy, wealthy and wise New York City bereft of Government subsidies…
The audited financial statements for fy 2015 say – Not So Much! Below is just a small fraction of the discrepancies:
- The audit found that DOE’s controls and management over its computer hardware were not sufficient to ensure that it could properly account for the computers it had purchased. DOE did not maintain a centralized inventory of computer hardware purchased from Apple and Lenovo. Further, DOE did not reconcile the individual DOE sites’ inventory records with its Asset Management System (AMS), the database used by DOE to record computer hardware delivered to DOE. Consequently, auditors could not rely on information in AMS, and the system could not properly identify where all of the computers paid for by DOE were located.
- An audit examined whether NYCHA had adequate controls in place to accurately monitor and track vacant apartments in its public housing developments the audit found that NYCHA had inadequate controls over the monitoring and tracking of its vacant apartments. NYCHA did not ensure that vacant apartments were repopulated with new tenants in a timely manner.
- The audit disclosed weaknesses in DHS’ oversight and controls over its emergency contracts. DHS did not have formal monitoring procedures, nor did it have sufficient evidence that oversight and monitoring activities for the contracts that were the subject of the audit took place. In addition, DHS personnel did not adequately review or check invoices and supporting documentation for accuracy prior to payment. Finally, emergency contract managers did not perform satisfaction assessments of shelter clients as required by the City’s PPB Rules Chapter 4, §4-01(e).
- The audit found that DCAS does not adequately account for and manage its inventory of City office space. The agency does not have a reliable computer system or an effective tracking tool to assist in processing moves and renovations, or with maintaining an inventory of all City office space.
- The audit determined that HRO failed to implement proper controls to ensure the appropriate, prompt and efficient delivery of services to applicants for benefits under the BIB Single Family Program. Specifically, HRO failed to effectively monitor the work of the multiple consultant companies hired to carry out the program. As a result, by December 31, 2013, seven months after the program began accepting applications and over a year after the storm devastated homes along the coast of New York City, only 960 of the roughly 20,000 program applicants had met with HRO to discuss the options available to them through the BIB program and zero applicants had actually received any program benefits.
- The audit found significant deficiencies in NYCHA’s internal procedures that resulted from management’s failure to institute adequate controls over inventory operations. Consequently, there is limited assurance that the inventory at the satellite warehouses and the development storerooms is adequately protected against misappropriation or theft.
- In the case of the City, liabilities and deferred inflows of resources exceed assets and deferred outflows of resources by $181.8 billion at the close of the most recent fiscal year,
Net Pension Liability for the City is $52 billion as of FY June 2015.
IN FY 2013, Federal aid to fund the NYC budget amounted to roughly $46 billion representing about 28% of their revenue.
Pensions and debt service amounted to over 21% of the annual budget…
30.3% of working families are 200% below the poverty rate, 22.2% of children in the city are in poverty, and 35% of single parent families live in poverty.
Is De Blasio’s Blubbering against Trump based on his own successes? Obviously not, yet he threatens to extend the deficit hole of New York City by forfeiting 28% of the City’s revenue base so he can personally fund abortions, pensions, Medicaid, and HUD housing deficiencies…
Stupid Is As Stupid Does…